There are laws created by in each state to help reduce the chance of an auto accident from occurring. However, not everyone obeys the laws and sometimes they are a bit careless causing an accident to occur. It depends on the severity of the mishap on how it can affect a person’s life and even their family members. In some cases, a car accident can be a life-altering event to a person that is involved. From a fender bender to a collision that causes bodily harm, when should a person call an auto accidents attorney in Cedar Rapids, IA?
Reasons You Should Contact a Lawyer After Being Involved in a Car Accident
- If the accident resulted in the death of another person.
- When the fault was not determined at the scene of the incident or is being disputed by the other party.
- If someone has been seriously injured such as permanent paralysis or broken bones.
- The other party’s insurance company refuses to pay or settle for a fair amount.
- When the conditions surrounding the accident are complex and an investigation by an expert is required.
- If the insurance company of the person at fault involves an attorney, you should consult with one.
How an Attorney Can Assist You
A lawyer will know the state laws that can help support your claim and they understand how insurance companies work. An attorney will meet with you to determine if you have a legitimate claim and if it is necessary to hire a professional. They will be able to estimate how much monetary reimbursement the other party is responsible for paying and negotiating the terms to help you receive a fair settlement. They have access to experts that can help back your version of how the accident occurred.
Hire a Trusted Attorney that will be with You Every Step of the Way
When a person is involved in an accident it can be quite devastating, especially if the injuries are severe. You do not have to handle the claim on your own when you select to hire a qualified professional to oversee your case. Currie & Liabo Law Firm has over 25 years of experience in handling auto accident claims in Iowa. They understand how traumatic a car accident can be and provide their clients the support they require while negotiating with insurance companies.