It does not matter how good of a company you work for or how nice your employer has been to you. When you are injured on the job, they will do everything they can to settle your workers’ comp claim for as little as possible. Their main goal is to save their company money by not paying out or the bare minimum that they can on a workers compensation claim. If you have been injured at work no matter how minor the injury or severe, you should consult with a trusted workers compensation attorney in Cedar Rapids, IA. A lawyer can determine if you have a claim and what your employer is responsible for to lessen the impact of the injury on your life. While a minor injury can be solved between you and your employer, a more severe injury could require an attorney to help you receive a reasonable settlement for your injuries.
When You Should Hire an Attorney
- You should retain a lawyer when your claim has been denied or you do not receive your benefits on time.
- If you feel your boss is trying to retaliate against you for filing the claim by demoting you, cutting your hours, reducing your pay, or firing you.
- If there is a chance a third-party is responsible for the accident happening to you.
- You should hire an attorney when the injuries that you sustain prevent you from returning to work or stop you from working again due to a permanent disability.
- If you do not understand the process of worker’s comp and require an expert to walk you through the procedure.
- They can represent you when negotiating terms to reduce your stress and allow you to concentrate on recovering.
Work with an Attorney Who is experienced with Your Specific Case
You do not want to hire just any lawyer to handle your workers’ compensation claim, you want to hire one that has previous experience of working this type of case. They will have the knowledge you require to successfully help you receive a fair settlement for your injuries. For over 25 years, Currie & Liabo Law Firm has been helping clients with their workers’ comp dispute. They have a team of experts that will be on your side every step of the way to help you obtain the medical treatment you require and to financially reimburse you for your injuries.