It can be traumatic to lose a loved one to death under any circumstances. When they have lost their life due to the negligence or wrongful doing of a third party it can be even more devastating. You want to make sure the responsible party is held liable for their death and receive justice for the actions that caused them to lose their life. When you lose a loved one due to negligence, you often left with why and how? A wrongful death attorney in Cedar Rapids, IA area can help you find the answers to your questions and financial reimbursement for their loss.
Who can file a Claim in a Wrongful Death Case?
A claim against wrongful death is usually filed by the person who is selected as representative of the deceased estate. They will often file the claim on behalf of the victim’s survivors. It can depend on the state that they live in on who can file a claim against the responsible party. Often it is the spouse of the victim or the parents if the victim is a minor. Adult children can also file a claim if they lost their parents due to the wrongful doing of another party.
What the Responsible Party can be Liable For in a Wrongful Death Case
- They can be responsible for paying for the pain and suffering the victim went through before passing away. The survivors of the victim can be entitled to this financial reimbursement.
- The loss of future income the person would have earned if they had not wrongfully died.
- Any medical cost that the victim incurred by injuries caused that resulted in their death.
- The financial value of any services that the deceased would have provided for their family.
- The funeral and burial expenses that are acquired to bury the deceased.
- The spouse can receive compensation for the loss of companionship and love due to the accident.
You are not alone when a Loved One has been a Victim of Wrongful Actions
The emotional impact you face alone when you have lost a loved one caused by the actions or negligence of another party can be devastating. You do not have to face the responsible party by yourself. Currie & Liabo Law Firm understands how sensitive your case can be and will provide the support that you require while filing a wrongful death claim. Their team will fight to help bring justice to your loved one and hold the responsible party liable for their actions.