Workers' Compensation Lawyers in Cedar Rapids
Currie & Labo Law Firm, PLC are Trusted Workers Compensation Lawyers in Iowa
Many jobs are inherently dangerous and a job that puts you in harm’s way can severely limit your ability to provide for your family and make a living. Unfortunately, not every person who has been injured on the job is awarded workers’ compensation for a variety of reasons.
At Currie & Liabo Law Firm PLC, our Iowa workers’ compensation attorney can help guide you through the complicated legal process and fight for compensation. After spending more than 70 years helping clients with their workers’ compensation problems, our attorneys have a complete understanding of this specific field of law.
What to Do if You Are Injured on the Job
- First of all, make sure you report any accidents or injuries sustained on the job. No matter how small an accident or injury may seem, some injuries can escalate into more serious medical problems like infections or chronic illness. For example, a small pain in your back caused by lifting a heavy object could worsen and lead to debilitating chronic back pain.
- Secondly, don’t allow yourself to be deceived. Appallingly enough, sometimes accidents bring out the worst in people. There have been many instances of employers lying to injured employees to avoid paying compensation. Don’t allow yourself to be fooled or taken advantage of. You need to be absolutely sure that you do everything in your power to collect your workers’ compensation because it can be difficult to obtain without proficient legal help.
- Next, make sure you inform your healthcare provider or doctor. As you seek healthcare for your injuries, you need to inform your healthcare provider of the nature of your injuries. As you fill out the required healthcare documentation, make sure you document the fact that your injury was sustained on the job. Many documents contain check-boxes to indicate work-related injuries.
- Lastly, find a top-notch workers’ compensation attorney. One of the largest factors that determines the success of a victim’s case is the quality of their legal counsel. Currie & Liabo Law Firm PLC has been helping the victims of workers’ compensation disputes for nearly 30 years in Cedar Rapids and our legal capabilities are undeniable.
How to Find a Good Workers Compensation Lawyer
Anyone who has ever filed a workman’s comp case can tell you that the laws are complicated and beyond complex. This is why it’s important to find a good workman’s compensation lawyer in Cedar Rapids, IA to represent you in court and get you the compensation that you are owed and deserve. Of course, you want to find the most reputable and well-respected lawyer in the area. Read on below for a few tips to help you get the job done the right way, the first time.
Tip #1: Use Word of Mouth
- In the modern world of technology and the Internet, the best way to find anything is still by old-fashioned word of mouth. Talk to people you know, whether it’s your family, friends, co-workers, or even your neighbors to see if they have ever had to hire a workman’s compensation lawyer in Cedar Rapids, IA before. Ask them who they feel is the best and then narrow it down to the one that you can trust and will do the best for you and your particular case.
Tip #2: Inspect the Firm’s Website
- Inspecting the firm’s website is another great way to find out if the law firm will work for you. Read the reviews as well as what the firm does so that you are sure they are the best fit for your needs. It’s also a good idea to look other places for reviews, such as social media, so that you know the reviews aren’t biased and from normal people just like you who are searching for legal help.
Tip #3: Set Up a Consultation
- Most law firms will do a free consultation to ensure that you are the right fit for one another. Never hire a lawyer over the phone. Always go into the office and see if the lawyer is someone you can trust.
These are just a few tips for finding the right workman’s compensation lawyer to meet your needs. Make sure to do your research and then hire the firm that is the best fit. For more information, contact the professionals at Currie and Liabo today. You will be glad that you did!